Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lesson # 56: Kids Are Costly


$79. Cost of the new smart phone for D.
$40. Activation fee.
$40. Monthly fee for unlimited texting.
$550. Cost of security deposit I just put down for D and K's new apartment in a relatively bad part of town but close to their college.
$100,000. Cost of medical bills for the heart attack D gave me last night via text.

Texts I received from D last night:

12:57 p.m.

D: Can't wait for vacation! Yomp I get a month off from school!

1:12 pm.

Me: Finals week. Keep your chin up.

1:34 p.m.

D:  Yup.

5:14 p.m.

D: OMG mom I was just shot at. The shot was so loud it made my ears ring. I was at the 7-11 walking home and when I got shot at I ran all the way home.

5:28 p.m.

D: Don't worry Maw. It wasn't that big of a deal. I don't think they were shooting at me. I am all right now. It wasn't as bad as the road rage shooting that happened out front the other day.


No comments: