Friday, March 25, 2011

Lesson #45:Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are, I couldn't help it, It's all your fault

On Sunday morning, I sat facing a large bay window in Ducey's watching snow fall on Bass Lake. Our waiter called it "The Pond" in reference to the dwindled water left over from the dam repairs that were going on just up-river. Boat docks were strewn haphazardly about the shore, waiting forlorn for the return of the deep and the docking of summer boats, disappearing slowly under mounting snow drifts. The snowline on the moutain across the lake lowered with each passing minute -- hour? -- and Hubby, Wife and I sipped champagne and enjoyed a fine brunch.

We were celebrating the one-year anniversary of our wedding and commitment ceremony. Hubby and I have been together for five years now, married for one, friends for more than 20. Wife and I have been friends since high school, and as part of our ceremony last year, promised to stay friends as long as we live.

I don't know if it was the snow, the feeling of being safe and warm while we watched a horrendous winter storm move in, or the fact that I was surrounded by people I love, who love me, but the feeling of grateful joy has lasted well beyond that annivesary celebration, well past the work week, well into the next weekend and it's still going strong.

I am one lucky gal to have so much friendship, to have people with which to share joys and sorrows and struggles and triumphs and life in general. My lake is full.

This is a picture of the proposal at Duceys - don't know how many years ago now.

No comments: